- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1-2 Tblsp chili powder
- 1 can (4oz) diced green chilies
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) beans drained and rinsed (you can use black, kidney or pinto beans)
- 1-2 cups cooked whole wheat
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
In a medium saucepan heat oil. Once the oil is hot add the onion and cook until softened. Once the onion is cooked add garlic, chili powder and cumin and cook just until fragrant (about 20 seconds). Add the chilies, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, wheat and pepper and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 mins. Enjoy!
1 thought on “Whole Wheat Chili”
Did I miss something? What part is cooked in thermos?